Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
This one-pot meal is so easy to make, all you need is pork chops or pork steaks, a few apples, and onions, and you will have a delicious dinner on the table in no time.
I love this recipe because it is versatile, and you don’t have to have a set number of items. You can mix and match your apples and onions and still have a scrumptious dish the entire family will love.
Pork Steaks – You can use pork chops if you don’t have pork steaks.
Apples – what do you have on hand? It doesn’t matter the apple long as it is sweet. You can use Fiji, Gala, Honey Crisp, or Ambrosia… but stay away from the green apples unless you want that bite!
Onions – what is your favorite? You can use white, yellow, or red. Just remember red onions are spicier and have a more pungent taste, so don’t use as much.
Seasonings – you can’t go wrong with your seasonings.
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- soul food seasoning
- dill weed
- chili powder
- dry mustard
- crushed red pepper
Listen to me, these recipes are for you to make as your own. You get your favorite herbs and spices you love the most and let the feeling take over. You will be surprised by the flavors you can create.
Before you bake the pork steaks, you want to sear them on the stove for about 5-7 minutes per side.
A neat trick I like to do, using the pan for the oven; I sear my meat on the stove and add my apples and onions, then just put in the pan in the oven so it can finish cooking!
Once you put this one-pot recipe in the oven, you are set for a fantastic dinner. You can add any side, but I love steamed or baked vegetables.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Posts that may complement this recipe:
- Zatarain’s Chicken and Seafood Jambalaya
- Beginner’s Pulled Pork
- Hoppin John
- Creamy Cole Slaw with Tomatoes
- Watermelon Fruit Bowl
Pork Steak with Apples and Onions
- 4 pork steaks
- 3 onions (any)
- 6 apples (sweet)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt (or your choice)
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp rubbed saged
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season and sear pork steaks on the stove for 5 -7 minutes. Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut up your apples and onions, and after the pork steaks are seared, add your apples, and onions. Make sure to add your seasonings.
- Put in the oven for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes of cooking, flip your pork steaks and stir your apples and onions.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Those apples are hot and will burn the roof of your mouth.Enjoy!!