I fell in love with this Ramen Chicken and Veggie recipe a while ago. My daughters were craving noodles and sushi during the start of Covid, and everything was closed down. I told them I could do an Oriental Night at home, which began the start of many themed dinner nights.
This particular recipe is unique because I didn’t have a lot of ingredients, two packs of ramen noodles, a frozen bag of veggies, and chicken breast.
When you add the frozen vegetables, it adds more juice to the recipe. You can add more seasonings if you like when you add the veggies. Crushed red pepper, thyme, lemon pepper, and basil, to name a few.
This turned out to become a family favorite. Sometimes the best family recipes come from simple mistakes or simple ingredients. This recipe is easy to make and will feed the entire family. All you need is a few ingredients, and dinner will be on the table in no time.
- Chicken – you can use any part of the chicken. I have used legs, wings, thighs, and breasts; it is what you have on hand. In this video, I had chicken breast on hand.
- Veggies – What do you have on hand? I had a bag of frozen Normandy Vegetables, but you can use anything. Here is a quick list: cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, peas, carrots, bell pepper, onions, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, leeks, spinach, corn, eggplant, pumpkin, cabbage… I have a love affair with veggies; all of these go so well together that you can’t go wrong.
- Ramen Noodles – What do you have on hand? Do you have two packs that are different? Let us use them. This recipe, you can’t go wrong.
- Soy Sauce – you can substitute with oyster sauce, fish sauce, or Worcestershire sauce.
- Honey – a little dab will do you
Posts that complement this post:
Ramen Chicken and Veggies
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 60 oz bag Normandy Blend
- 2 packs chicken ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 packs seasoning from ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Cut your chicken breast into the pieces you like. Take the seasoning packs from the ramen noodle packs, and season your chicken.
- Heat your wok or pan on the stove on medium-high. When the pan is ready, add the chicken and cook for 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the chicken doesn't stick.
- Add the frozen vegetables of your choice to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes, covered on medium. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, onion powder, garlic powder, and honey. Stir, and add to the pan as well.
- Add your ramen noodles to the pot, put your chicken and veggies over the ramen noodles, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
- After 5 minutes, stir your noodles. You will see how they are easy to pull apart and mix with the chicken and veggies. Cook for another 5-7 minutes. Make sure to thoroughly mix the noodles with the chicken and veggies. Enjoy.