Southern Candied Yams
Fall is the time of year that I cant help but want some tasty southern candied yams. I love how they compliment any meal, and they are my go-to comfort food. This recipeis a great addition to collard greens and oxtails. They are so good you will be eating it alone.
- 5 yams peeled and cut to your liking
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Grease your baking pan
- Line you potatoes in the pan how you like.
- Take the melted butter and pour over the yams
- Mix your sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and pour over the yams evenly
- Bake covered on 350 for 45 minutes, Uncover and scoop the juice over your yams.
- Finish baking for 20 more minutes.
- Let set for 10
When you cut your yams, MAKE SURE they aren't too thin or too thick. You want them to cook evenly. If they are cut at different sizes, they may fall apart.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!