Roasted Cornish Hens
These roasted cornish hens are perfect for a romantic date night or impressing your guests. It takes minimal effort but the flavor and aroma will make everyone think it took hours. All you need is a few household ingredients and dinner will be served.This recipe goes great with sauteed carrots, oven baked macaroni and cheese, collard greens, or even a nice garden salad.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 Carrot cut into pieces
- 1 Onion cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of Thyme
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Grease your baking pan.
- Clean and dry your cornish hens.
- Season the cornish hen cavities: 1 Tablespoon of rosemary, 1 Tablespoon of thyme
- Stuff cavity with onions and carrots
- Mix olive oil and herbs together
- Massage on the cornish hens thoroughly.
- Bake on 350 for 1 hour.
I like the add extra carrots and onions to my cornish hens. Its an easy side dish. Just add as many carrots and onions as you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!