Do you ever just want an easy fix to keeping your house clean? Believe it or not I have a 3-step guide to a clean house. Just need some time and a little elbow grease. Trust the process, and just start. It may seem overwhelming but with this DIY guide you will be cleaning in no time. Let the family help and make it a family project or make it a challenge. I guarantee you that the progress will be worthwhile. Just keep at it and use those elbows.
The easiest way to set up the cleaning strategy is into 3 categories:
It may seem aggravating, but if you can complete the daily routine breakdown, the weekly and monthly routine breakdown will be a breeze. Just trust the process
- Wash- and put-up dishes. Truthfully, I leave MINE in the dishwasher. They clean!!!
- Wipe off kitchen counters, wipe off range products: including microwave.
- Make your bed.
- Take out garbage daily. If you don’t AT LEAST dump all garbage from your other rooms. Including, bathroom, living room, your bedroom, or doing a general trash sweep of the house will be AMAZING.
- Dust furniture, tables, upholstery, and woodwork
- Windex your window, range appliances, and surface items that can use Windex.
- Vacuum the carpets, floor, rugs, and upholstery.
- Change your bedsheets and fluff your pillows.
- Open your windows at least for 15 minutes. It helps to air out the old smells from the week.
- Flip your mattress. I know it says every so many months, but this helps the longevity of the mattress. Flip it monthly and you won’t have those dips. TRUST ME!!
- Clean your windows. I hate window cleaning, too. Just do what you can and leave the rest!!
- Clean under your couch couches, the cushions, under the bed, and in the closet.
- Wipe down your walls. Use a mop if need be. You will be surprised how much dust accumulates.
I know it seems strenuous, but these are failed proof, easy to adapt to cleaning methods.