Garlic Butter Holiday Turkey
- Turkey any size I use a 20 pound turkey so my turkey cavity is larger.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of ground sage
- 2 Tablespoons of kosher salt salt of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons of black pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup of water
- Clean and dry your turkey. A dry turkey will hold onto the butter mixture better.
- Use a large roasting pan, you will have a lot of turkey broth.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of salt and pepper inside the turkey cavity
- Cut an onion in half and push both pieces inside turkey cavity.
- Add the whole garlic
- Cut your carrot into pieces and push inside turkey cavity
- Cut celery stalk and push celery inside as well.
- Dice the other onion into pieces.
- Lift the skin of the turkey and push the onion pieces in side as far as you can.
- Pour one cup of water in the bottom.
Add 1 Tablespoon of salt
Add 1 Tablespoon of pepper