Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
This creamy chicken and vegetables recipe is so easy to make you will want to make this one of your family favorites. All you need is a chicken and your favorite veggies.
You can use any chicken you have on hand. I usually have a lot of leg quarters in the freezer, but you can use chicken breasts, legs, thighs, and even wings. Just remember that wings cook faster than the other parts of the bird.
What are your favorite vegetables? Add them to the pan! You can use frozen or fresh veggies; again, it is what you have on hand.
If you don’t know where to start, try a few of these:
- bell pepper
- brussel sprouts
I have a love affair with cream of mushroom soup. It goes well with so many dishes, and I love the flavor. You already know what I’m going to say; what do you have on hand? If you don’t have cream of mushroom try these:
- cream of chicken
- cream of celery
- cream of chicken with herbs
- cream of cremini and shiitake mushroom
- cream of chicken and mushroom
It is so much easier to stir the cream of mushroom, evaporated milk, and my seasonings in a bowl and then pour it over my vegetables.
Make sure when you pour your mixture, you get it over all your vegetables and stir thoroughly.
Add your chicken pieces back into your pan, and put them back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes. This succulent and savory entree goes well with rice, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, or biscuits.
Posts that complement this recipe:
Creamy Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 10 lb. bag chicken leg quarters (skinless)
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 7 large carrots (cut)
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms (any color)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 10.5 oz cream of mushroom
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease your deep baking dish. Take your leg quarters and skin them. I usually cut a few leg quarters for more pieces.
- Dice up your cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, and onion but make sure they are cut large.
- In the baking dish, add your chicken and veggies. Season to your liking with your favorite seasonings. Bake for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream of mushroom and seasonings well.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slowly stir the cream of mushroom mixture into the vegetables. Add the chicken pieces back into the pan and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
- Take out the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!!