Cooking hotdogs over an open flame at a family barbecue may be a summertime rite of passage, but making juicy, succulent chicken kabobs over the grill from fresh ingredients can take your backyard grilling to the next level. Grilling chicken kabobs packs in the flavor that only flame-kissed food can provide and is surprisingly simple. With the right marinade, skewering, and grilling times, you can prepare delicious and satisfying grilled chicken kabobs that the whole family can enjoy.
With a few simple ingredients, you will be able to wow your guests with juicy and succulent grilled chicken kabobs on your next cookout. When using wooden skewers, it is best to make sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes before putting them on the grill. This helps prevent the skewers from burning.
Next, make sure to cut the chicken into cubes that are about an inch in size. This ensures that the chicken will cook evenly and quickly over the heat. Also, you don’t have to use chicken breast, you can use boneless chicken thighs as well.
Create a marinade that will help to enhance the flavor of your grilled chicken kabobs. I love using McCormick Grill Marinades, they have so many different marinades, and I haven’t been disappointed with one yet.
Choose from a variety of options such as teriyaki, rosemary, garlic, or lemon-basil. The marinade will also act as a tenderizer, so make sure the chicken has time to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
Once your chicken pieces have been marinating, it’s time to fire up the grill. It is important to cook the kabobs over medium-high heat in order to get that char-grilled effect. Grill the chicken kabobs for around 15 minutes, flipping the skewers every few minutes to make sure the chicken is cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked through, you can enjoy your flavorful grilled chicken kabobs with vegetables. Serve the skewered meal with a side of couscous or rice for a complete dinner that is sure to make your dinner guests smile.
Posts that complement this posts:
- Southern Potato Salad
- Southern Deviled Eggs
- Southern Baked Beans with Ground Turkey
- Creamy Coleslaw with Tomatoes
Easy Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 1 grill
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (any oil is fine)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large bell pepper (any color)
- 1 large onion (any kind)
- 1 large cucumber (optional)
- Preheat your grill.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch pieces and add them to a mixing bowl. Pour the olive oil over the chicken mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the seasonings. Stir for about 45-60 seconds to make sure the seasonings are mixed thoroughly.
- Add your chicken and veggies to the skewers. Take the seasoning mix a sprinkle generously on all your skewers.
- Once the grill is ready, place your kabobs on the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes. You don't want them undercooked but don't overcook them either.
- Let your grilled chicken kabobs rest for at least 10 minutes, then ENJOY!