This is a go-to recipe when you have a lot of apples on hand. Usually, around the holidays I make this quite a bit for the girls. They love to eat fried apples on biscuits, waffles, and pancakes.
There really is no right or wrong way to slice or cook the apples. For added texture, I leave the apple peel on and the girls love every bit of it.
Slice your apples any way you like. You can dice them or slice them as I do in the picture. Just make sure they aren’t too thin. If they are sliced too thinly they will break down to mush.
It’s funny because when they eat an apple regularly, they act like they are choking to death. Isn’t it amazing what a little sugar can do?
Recipes that may complement this post:
We all have had a few apples sitting around, and this is the perfect recipe when you want something sweet and warm in your tummy.
- 3 apples sliced I keep my skin on
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium-high
- Squeeze lemon juice over cut-up apples. It stops the apples from turning brown.
- Add apples to the pan, fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Turn heat to medium and add sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla to pan and keep stirring. The sugar will caramelize quickly.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!