Have you ever looked in your pantry or fridge and thought “What can I make from the ingredients I have?” A bowl of seven-can soup is a great option when you’re in a pinch and need something simple yet tasty. This savory soup combines canned veggies like corn, green beans, and tomatoes, with yellow potatoes and carrots for an ultimate comfort dish.
Not only is the soup inexpensive, but it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, and magnesium. You don’t need to be an experienced cook to follow this fool-proof recipe – all you need are seven common items from your pantry and you’re good to go! I decided to up the ante and added a few fresh vegetables. This soup came out amazing.
What do you have on hand?
If you don’t have a certain canned good, just add something else. There are no set rules to this soup, long as you have a few canned goods, you can create all types of food magic!
- pinto beans
- black-eyed peas
- northern beans
- lima beans
- chili beans
- mixed vegetables
- canned potatoes
Don’t forget your seasonings!
Do you like it spicy? Why not add your favorite seasonings and change up the taste? Try a few of these!
- cayenne pepper
- chili powder
- Italian seasoning
- chopped garlic
- Rotel Tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes
Two Cooking Methods
There are two ways you can prepare this seven-can soup. You can either cook it on the stove for 45 minutes, or in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Seven-can soup is an easy and delicious meal on a budget – perfect for the busy family and for those times when you’re feeling a bit creative. With just a few cans from your pantry, some fresh vegetables, and some spices, you can make a homemade bowl of comfort. You may just be surprised what a flavor-packed dish you can make with just a few ingredients! Leave the door open to new possibilities and experiment with your soup. Who knows – you just might make the best seven-can soup ever!
Posts that complement this recipe:
- Semi-Homemade Bean and Veggie Stew with Macaronni
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Beef Goulash
- Slow Cooked Turkey, Potato, and Corn Chowder
Seven Can Soup with Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 8 Quart Stock Pot
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 15.5 oz can black bean
- 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can cut green beans
- 1 15 oz can sweet peas
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 32 oz container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 medium size yellow potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar (optional for tomato paste)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Open all your canned goods, and drain and rinse your beans, corn, greens beans, and sweet peas. Cut up your potatoes and carrots.
- Add all your ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn to medium-low and cook for 45 minutes.
- If you choose to use a crockpot, set it to low and cook for 8 hours.