Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
This banana pudding is irresistible because there is no baking, and in less than 25 minutes, you will have a homemade dessert that will be one for the record books.
There is something about bananas and vanilla wafers that go together like peanut butter and jelly. My mom was the queen of desserts, and this is one dessert that makes me feel nostalgic every time I taste this.
This recipe will use cream cheese and lemon juice, and it is the best thing since sliced bread. The creaminess and slight twang from the lemon, accent the rich fruity flavor of the ripe bananas, givingthe vanilla wafers an extra sweetness your palate will thank you for.
For the best outcome use an electric mixer, it helps to get out any lumps from the cream cheese, and adding the vanilla pudding will have it blended into creamy goodness.
A secret that has worked wonders, before starting the recipe, go ahead and cut up your bananas and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the slices. It will keep the bananas from turning brown quickly and add to the flavor of the banana pudding.
When you pour the pudding mixture on top make sure you pour enough to get into the nooks and crannies and repeat with vanilla wafers and bananas, and pudding. When you are finished with your layers, make sure to crumble up some of your leftover vanilla wafers for a pretty garnishment on top. It doesn’t matter how big or small the crumbles are.
You can also add whip cream if you would like or eat it like this. I hope you enjoy it.
Posts that may complement this recipe::
Simply Irresistible Banana Pudding
- 1 9x13 cake pan
- 2 box vanilla wafers
- 7 bananas
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 package vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Using your electric mixer, mix the package of cream cheese and lemon juice on med-low. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Follow the vanilla pudding instructions and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice the bananas and drizzle with a bit of lemon juice. It stops the bananas from turning brown, set aside.
- Layer your dish with vanilla wafers and then bananas. Take some of your cream cheese mixture and spread it evenly on top. Repeat steps until all your bananas, vanilla wafers, and pudding mixture have been used. You may have vanilla wafers still left and that is ok. You can use some for later.
- Take some of your leftover vanilla wafers and crumble them up for a nice garnish you can sprinkle across your banana pudding.