Looking for an easy and delicious dinner for your family on a weekday? Spam Mac and Cheese could be just what you need! With its combination of creamy, cheesy goodness and crunchy fried spam, this meal will surely please even the pickiest of eaters. Not only is it tasty and easy to prepare, but it’s a great way to get more protein in at dinner time and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
With the rise of convenience foods and home delivery meals, spam mac and cheese is making a comeback. Not only is it a generous helping of comfort food goodness, but it is really an inexpensive meal.
Another great thing about this recipe is you can amp up the flavor and get creative with additional ingredients.One great way to add some flavor to your mac and cheese is to add some diced onions, bell peppers, garlic, or herbs. If you’re looking for a savory touch, try adding some bacon bits. You can also top off your mac and cheese with shredded cheese or breadcrumbs. Another way to make your mac and cheese stand out is to use different sauces. Most people use regular cheese sauce, but you can also try using pesto, white gravy, Alfredo sauce, or cream cheese. Adding a variety of sauces can give your mac and cheese the extra depth and flavor it needs for a delicious meal.
Here are a few other ideas:
- black/ white pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- mixed veggies
- bell peppers
- bread crumbs
- alfredo sauce
- pesto sauce
- different shredded cheeses
- bacon bits
You can cut your Spam up into any size pieces you would like. I chose to have mine in cubed pieces.
Spam mac and cheese is a great weekday meal that is simple, delicious, and can be jazzed up to make it even more exciting for even the pickiest eaters. It’s a great way to whip up a great-tasting, comforting meal without taking all day to prepare. Everyone loves a classic dish, and with just a few extra ingredients, you can transform it from an average meal into something special. So don’t be afraid to get creative with your spam mac and cheese and see what sort of new and interesting dishes you can come up with. Let your taste buds take a trip to delicious town, without all the hassle of spending hours in the kitchen.
Just remember to use the freshest ingredients you can find, and get creative with your toppings. As the great chef Julia Child once said, “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients”. And with easy and tasty spam mac and cheese, you’ll have a meal that will bring smiles to even the toughest critics. So pull out that pot and start cooking – it’s time to enjoy a delicious spam mac and cheese!
Posts that complement this post:
- Oven Macaroni and Cheese
- Southern Potato Salad
- Southern Deviled Eggs
- Slow-Cooked Collard Greens
- Candied Yams
Spam Mac and Cheese
- 1 medium size pot
- 1 large size skillet
- 12 oz can Spam
- 24 oz box Velveeta and shells Family Size
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mild shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat your large skillet on medium-high and add a little oil to the pan. Bring your pot of water to a boil for your noodles.
- Cut up your Spam any way you like; I diced mine. Add your Spam to the skillet, frying until you get those pretty brown marks on all sides. Turn it down to medium if it is popping too much. It may take 10-15 minutes. There are a lot of Spam pieces.
- Cook noodles for only 6 minutes, you want them al dente. Drain and set to the side.
- When the Spam is cooked to your liking, turn your skillet down to medium. Add your al dente noodles, the Velveeta from the package, and all the seasonings.
- Stir, and slowly add your milk. You may not want your Spam and Mac as creamy we I did.
- Cover for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- Optional: I added mild cheddar to the skillet; it gave the Spam and Velveeta a milder flavor.