Of all the recipes I have made, this barbequed meatball recipe is hands down the easiest one. It takes three ingredients, and you will have a mouth-watering dish in no time.
My mother used to do this for company parties, football games, and holidays. Since then, it has been a fan favorite for my family.
Usually, this recipe calls for grape jelly, but my mom had a thing for marmalade. If you have used grape jelly, you will fall in love with this twist on a classic.
Regarding meatballs, you can choose:
Just make sure that it says FULLY-COOKED!
Let your imagination run wild when it comes to a jelly to use. I have used so many different things depending on what is on hand. Try a few of these:
- Grape Jelly (18 oz) jar
- Honey (1/2 cup)
- Maple Syrup (1/2 cup)
- Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Pineapple slices/diced (2 cups)
When it comes to barbeque sauce, any kind will do. Just make sure you are happy!!
The best part about this recipe is the barbequed meatballs can serve as an appetizer or as a main course with rice or mashed potatoes.
Posts that complement this recipe:
Slow-Cooked Barbequed Meatballs
- 1 slow cooker
- 1 32 oz bag frozen meatballs (fully-cooked)
- 1 12 oz jar Smucker's Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 18 oz jar barbeque sauce
- In your slow cooker, add the barbeque sauce and orange marmalade. Make sure to stir well, and then add your meatballs.
- Stir your meatballs well in the sauce and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW 5-6. Turn the slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.